Why and how


Wow, this guy produces really good videos! The free water featured in the video immediately brought me back to Queenstown, where I remembered holding my tumbler at the plaza to refill fresh, FREE water. Things are so different there; water can be consumed straight from the taps, people eat potatoes and kiwis with their skin on; everyone get fresh cooking ingredients from their backyard. No lugging huge wallets when you eat out or shop, one card does it all -- cashless at its utmost convenience. I almost cannot get used to filling up my wallet with cash after I came back to Malaysia. 

And the most important part in the video, why does people still get discriminated? Be it religion, race, gender, or even a job. Many people have this perception that only "office job/professional job" like doctors, lawyers, teachers, accountants, engineers brings the definition of "excellent career". Are farmers, pickers, workers, freelancers considered as low grade careers? 

Why things are the way they are, and how can they be better? Yes, there are lots of social viewpoints, human labels that restrict our daily lives. It is as if once you don't follow the "normal, widely accepted way", you are weird, and there must be something wrong with you. 

Lots of us are following the footsteps led by the society, our family, our friends and people around us -- without asking why. Simply because those roads are the common ones, the social norms, follow it and you won't go wrong. For me, still, this is totally wrong. 

I always have a lot of whys to ask, even on simple, normal things in life. 

Why should we go to (a well-known) university? Why must we force ourselves to get good grades? Why must we say everything is okay when nothing is okay? Why must we get a good job in order to have a good life? Why do we even need a job? Why do we need to get money? Why do we continue working when we feel hard to move on but still we do it, just in order to survive?

There should be a better way to survive. Hence, the saying "do what you love, and you would not have to work a single day of your life" exist. This saying has kept me searching on what I love, ever since I left high school. 

But ever since I started my 10-7 job recently, I am further assured that I'm not born to work in the office. I'm not sure how I can describe this in a proper way, but the office feels like a prison to me. The office chair feels like my death chair, and the windows and doors feel like sturdy metal bars. I felt suffocated staying indoors, under the air con, observed by cctvs and lots of eyes. 

Why is it a normal thing that people have a 9-5 job? Why do people throw concern glances when you admit that you don't have a job? Why do we have to feel ashamed when "I am jobless" came out from our very own mouth? I mean, it is not a sin, right? Why is it wrong for not having a job, when life is still so wonderful without a job?

Of course, I have gone through that stage of being jobless. This is pretty much my own experience. I do believe I can find solutions to my whys, and I can find happiness by doing what I love. 

As of now, I truly, deeply feel that it is time to get myself out from the prison I've led myself in.


Posted by dawrayn.

Comments

sherayn said…
Keep it up passi

Popular Posts