Tgif//Tgfe

(Thank God For Everything)

I really love fridays now. Cos its the only weekday that i can rest, slack a bit longer, nua a bit more and update update ma blog. Heee. And finally, today's friday. Gonna be Saturday soon tho.

So uhm, where to start hahaha.

I'm officially an on-jobber now. Even my status on the church paper has changed from student to this. Big shock and cannot jip sau. Like seriously. And a sister told me, the next change would be from single to married, and from married to married with kids. LOLLL. Think so far meh xD

And everything still feels like a dream to me. It always did. Probably because I'm a really slow-reacted person, man 3 pai (or 30 pai, loll), and i really need more time than the normal people out there to adjust and get used to something. It takes super long for me to realise that something has already happened, it's already in the past, it's o.v.e.r.

Like my graduation last August. I remember I captioned "Still feels like a dream" on my graduation photo. Like my unfortunate encounter last September - Celebrating jobless after seven times four days. Like my packed yet loose life last October and November - Running here and there (literally) to get important and serious things done; but of course, with a few days in between of slacking and tui-fei-ing, totally aimless, super free but lost (and lifeless). Not to forget I also received several phone calls offering me jobs from all over KL. But i rejected all of them. I even recalled planning my trip to Hainan happily and repeating to myself that I need some rest. I need holidays.

Until I reached the highlight of last year (HEH I can break record liao. Where got people till now only review about last year geh. Its already mid February. Hahahaha! Last December, I would really love to take the time machine to go back to december :)

It was the most lovely month in the whole of 2014. Take me back and I would be so glad. Okay, this update have to start from mid November last year. Eh, actually no, it should start from the last day of October 2014, 31st.

***

Oct 31st, 2014

And I have no choice but to make a decision. Enrol myself into masters OR find a job asap. I've been lifeless long enough. 33 days have passed since i last work. (I am really a workaholic, sadly.) I scrolled through jobstreet.com, still hoping to find some Singapore job although most of them just hire Singaporeans or PRs or those with experience. In the end, I couldn't settle down with any after pages of scrolling. And then i saw this. Amcorp. Pj. Near my house. Can wake up late. Near my house. Can reach home faster. Those are just what I had in mind after I saw the job description page. At least i was being honest to myself okayy. Hahahaha. What nonsense right. I don't even know what was i thinking that time. And yep, I clicked "apply" blur-blurly without much thought and survey. And I also applied another company near Pj Hilton (Which is also very near to my house). And to proof that I am really a random person, I registered a Master course in Education of Arts. On the very same day. LOL.

***

Some time in Mid November, 2014

I got the job offer after 2 interviews. And to be honest, I was a few minutes late for the 1st interview. My 1st impression. Hahahaha. It was in the morning, i still remembered, i woke up two hours before the interview. I reached amcorp 5 minutes before the interview. I asked for directions to go to the office tower. I reached the office floor. I got confused with east wing and west wing. And I was late. *_* But nevertheless I managed to get the job. Happy sia. But a bit reluctant at first, thinking that my Hainan trip has already pao tang TT Oh ya, and on that day itself, I got the Uni reject letter. Seems like it was a wrong choice of Course, or was it a wrong timing and God wants me to work first? Hmm. Was to start work on 1st December. And i was left with another half November to spend and to tidy my forever messy space. (But it's still messy till today. It's too complicated @@)

***

December, the most lovable month in 2014

1st December: my first day. Kon'nichiwa! I'm off to work alone bcos mum and brother went to church training in Perak, sister still in china and dad went outstation. What a start LOLL. I still can't believe that this has happened. I can't speak or understand Jap, only know a few words like "sayonara, aishiteru" LOLLL... Should really took Jap back in Year 2. I really never ever imagined that I will work in a Japanese company, cos i heard from friends that Japanese are very workaholic and always work till quite late. During that first few days of work, I was actually looking forward to my office training in Singapore main office!!! Wheeeeeeeee! Am such a lucky tofu bcos they sent me to Sg on my fourth day. Woahhh love my bosses ttm!

And finally I landed in Sg the second time in my life. Hahahahaha I'm really a legend lolll. I dragged my luggage to the office and prayed hard that my stay would be a pleasant and fun one. Was greeted by office admin jie jie, and the first thing she asked me when I entered the office door was:

"Do you smoke??"

You can picture my blank tofu face as i said "hhuh"// Hahahahahah. I supposed that its a common habit among advertising and design people. The studio director answered for me: "See her face also know she dont smoke la"

Then after some daladiladaladila brief intro, it was lunch time. Like finally i was really starving that day. Can't remember the colleagues names at all because my mind already pengsan due to hunger loll. (Except the short ones. And omg so many Japanese names how am i gonna remember @@) And what happened next was a big scene. Almost all my Sg colleagues brought me out for lunch. It was uncommon bcos most of them dont lunch together (as informed by admin jie jie cos she said: "WAH you very Da pai hor! Everyone come for lunch together bcos of you")

Paiseh man. And somemore that time I cannot remember their names. Goshhh what an awkward conversation we had at that lunch session cos i cannot call out their names xD But luckily all of them are friendly and admin jie jie even foot the bill (She holds the company financial power and nobody dares to mengusik her, if not their salary will fly away~, hahahaha. Even Japan, Indonesia and Msia's salary are all managed by admin jie jie. There are also more Sg colleagues than Msia colleagues, cos Sg office is bigger and all the designers are here). And luckily she paid our meal, bcos i was cashless that day as i havent change my money to Sgd. Lol, I really geng la, bu pa si.

I settled in a Sg sister's house, and my room mate is a graduate from some London uni who came to Sg to find a job as she just graduated. Woah I really pei fu her as she just fly here and straight look for a job. Really a bold decision to make. Thanks to her, my everyday life in Sg was not so boring and alone :)) Life in Sg was really unreal. The buses are on time. The mrt is big and fast. They sell cheap breakfast and food. People walk. People follow the rules. It's so safe here and I even went home a few times past midnight and i can just walk on the road like a tofu (HAHHAHA) without worrying that people will snatch my bag or kidnap me (choi).

Life in Sg office is even surreal. I must have been a very lucky soul or maybe my bad luck days are over for good. My colleagues treat me so good although I'm just a newbie. I got my first ever box of name cards with my designation and name on it on the very second day in Sg. Oh, the joy! :D And I got Xmas pressie almost every day from the kind and lovely colleagues. They brought me to different places for lunch everyday, brought me go gai gai during lunch hours, brought me go yumcha session, treat me buffets, did xmas party shopping together and also taught me a lot about real working life. Where to find this kind of lovely people, awww. They also shared some useful info and experiences with me :D :D Really super grateful la.

And me is a super lucky tofu in the whole universe bcos i got Hengaroo in Sg to accompany me during the weekends. I look forward to weekends every week, heheh. Over the weekends, I've met different friends of Hengaroo. Got brother oz, uncle, amy, grace and bob. This hengaroo reeally pandai choose friends cos they are all very nice and always take care of her geh :D Esp. brother oz, the best brother ever. I also hope that she will choose shine bcos life is really too short to miss someone as nice as shine. #teamshine xD And uncle is a nice and caring uncle; plus he is a super clever uncle cos he's a phd so the roo don't have to worry about their future as it will be as bright as diamond :D They brought me to so many places around Sg. Lets see if I can remember or not. Dhoby gaut (Plaza Singapura?), Somerset 313, Orchard, Holland st, Breko, Marina Bay Sands, Esplanade, Helix bridge and etc :D So sad never get to sing k bcos I overslept one Saturday (drank too much beer on friday night office xmas party, loll), and my stingray is still waiting for me. Orchard ion also :D Thankful that I have this Hengaroo to bring me around and tolerate my tofuness and siaoness :D Love yaaa hengaroo, muacks!!!

The days in Sg really passed by so fast, as what they said, happy times often end faster. Time passes, but memories stay. I will never forget the kind people in Sg, lovely colleagues, brothers and sisters, Hengaroo and friends and all that happened in Sg. They are the ones that make Sg feels like home. ;)

***

Back to 13 February, 2015

Life goes on and work continues in Msia office. January was nice. Peaceful with mini waves and tides. Got my designs published in Kinokuniya KLCC which marks a small step for me as a designer. Learning bit by bit each day, taking a step at a time. Today boss secretly pass me an angpow. Teeeheee. My first angpow in 2015. May more angpows come to me! Lai lai lai hahahaha :D And I really can't wait for Cny holidays to come!!! Love February the most lahh! Really thank God for everything that He has arranged. Only God knows what is the best for us. For instance, if the unfortunate event did not happen last September, or if i did not click "apply", it would have been a totally different story. Maybe a miserable and dull one eh. So just have faith in God and He will take care of the rest :D

And as i am typing these, the clock shows that its Vday already (which has nothing to do with me, loll). Time to oi oi and welcome my lovely kids in a few hours' time! Nights world :D

#still here
#always here

Comments

Popular Posts