Daw's 2015

Sort of Year End Review:
Spent my last few days of 2015 in bed, feverish and sick cos I kena throat inflammation aka tonsilitis. Fever lasted for 3 days I even thought I kena dengue. Choy. But I'm all good now. So here:

_________________________________________________________

Was typing all these as i was on my way back from Penang blending :) Else I wouldn't have extra time to note down my year due to work and stuff. Working lifeee. 

Daw's 2015 in a nutshell:
January was quite a good start. Just back from Singapore office training in Dec 2014, got paid with a not bad salary, boss and colleagues treat me like a kid cos I'm the youngest in office, workload still okay consider i just joined a month ago, and i was still 22 and 5 months young. Couldn't ask for better. 

Joined the Singapore blending around end of Jan to beginning of Feb. It was nice to stay in Singapore. My dream country :) CNY came and went. Time passed by so quickly I'm not even sure i was really experiencing the moments as it happened. Had my first "big" scale design collaterals hanging around KLCC's Kinokuniya for one whole month! That was a success and my small step out ;)

Then came March. The girl's birthday. Fatty was back from China, we had a great time in Singapore! Again hahahhaa. Slept in the airport, oh the tiring but fun days. She always have to transit when coming back or going there cos there are no direct flights. Work was still okay, but the preparation is getting tense because of our big shopping mall client. Still managed to squeeze time and took the Ets to p2's big day in Kampar! Bought her chocolate flowers and stuff, haha. She finally finished her degree after so many obstacles and I feel that her mum must have been so proud of her. 

Nothing special happened on April's Fool. But it was crazy, preparing all the designs for soft launch next month. Despite that we still have time to celebrate dear boss birthday at his favourite Italian restaurant. Oh yes. I consider this a big thing. Finally changed my style after N years. Cut fringe and changed spects. Most people can't even recognise me. Seriously...? Many were in big shock but honestly nothing happened to me. Just feel that its time for a change. Kind of regret it but oh well. Too late to cry over cut hair. 

May is the month! I held such a big responsibility in managing the designs for our big shopping mall client. Was really afraid that one small mistake will ruin it all. It was nostalgic when I went to the soft opening of the mall with p2 and friends. Literally everywhere with printed designs are handmade by my sweat and effort. Oh my oh my. Words can't really express that kind of feeling. I feel like i wanna cry, smile, vomit and faint at the same time. Told you you wouldn't understand. This month ended peacefully with our company success and also Da jie's birthday at the end of the month. And Da ge's belated birthday was celebrated wrongly too, it was actually March. That is funny xD 

We thought that somehow it is logical for us to get a rest after that. But nah uh, they still have grand launch right next month. And at the same time we got to move out from the old office as the tenancy came to an end and boss does not want to continue the contract. Spent quite some time to find a suitable location for all. Alas we settled for Jaya One. Ha! Back to Jaya One again. Seems like i really am destined to be stuck in PJ (dunno to cry or laugh). So well... worked at home for quite some days as we waited for the office renovation to be done. New office is big. Too big. Till today we still have not fill up the empty space, lol. 

Busy days continued till July. Grand launch was relatively more crazy than soft launch as the name suggests. You can feel the tense and stress everyday. But we still made it. We did such a good job that i am really amazed of us. Our team work really ftw and there are really so little of us! Everything was worth it and boss gave us bonuses and increments! Oh yay! Note that I'm still 22.11 that time so it's a milestone achieved before I turned 23! Hahaha. 

Being an August baby is my luck. Boss held an office party and we celebrated my birthday together with Grand launch success. And fatty came back too! Oh I love August! Turning 23 isn't that bad though. I mean, everyone gets old whether you like it or not. Enjoyed Lavish spa with P2 in KL. Also gave myself a short trip to Hong Kong with the fatty. I really love travelling as well. It's like I've accomplished something in life cos I was the one buying air tix and planning everything. A pitstop in my life. It somehow reminds me that i am alive and having a good life and that I should be contented. We also did Hari Raya Deco for July-August. 

September was okay, couldn't think of anything really special to record. Oh yeah. I just recovered from an almost-two-months-cough. That was bad. Maybe my health is deteriorating as I age. Big sad face. It was Mooncake festival this month. Easy job, menu designing was comparatively insane. But I still managed to design four menus to date, for the record. 

October was the most exciting month ever! Done Cash Back design and also Deepavali kolam for the mall. Year end sale  plus Christmas is also around the corner but my heart was set on one thing- Japan! Thankfully there are designers in Singapore that can follow up my job. I finally step foot in Japan together with my fav bunch of uni mates!!! Japan is love. Vacation there was like heaven and everything there is so yummy! Splurged quite a lot but everything was worth it! Ok not everything but almost everything haha. Experienced autumn for the first time ever. And note to self: all expenses paid by myself! I even bought lots and lots of presents and souvenirs for all. That's one of the perks of working cos you can spend your own money. But really. I've been on my own expenses since Foundation when I was 18. Wanted to shed a tear cos I feel so independent :') My lovely boss also gave me some pocket money but I still left quite some yen. Things there are not really expensive lah. It's just that myr is really useless nowadays. Haih. 

Life is really happening in November. Ta-da! I was finally driving after more than one year. Forced to, on one hand. But on the other hand, I wanted to know whether I can still do it or not. So I embraced the sterling wheel again. I sat on the driver's seat which I sat before during my accident that time in Degree. I overcame my phobia. So far so good, I can say. And my parents were amazed like how I am amazed of myself. No one offers to fetch me now. They said I can do it myself. Oh wells. Brother too always asked for a ride. Hahahahhaa guess I'm an okay driver? Yayyyyy! And and and also. Made a huge purchase this month. The device I am holding right now. The 6s. It really costs a bomb and its like my savings just kena flushed down the drain like that. Quite a good invest I would say. Thats why I bought it. After all I am a designer. And the sister wants one too. Lets see how it goes then :P She doesn't know about this phone... yet. 

And the last month of the year. Note that today is 27, which means 4 more days to 2016. Time is flying and I'm still stuck here in the jam. Are we there yet? December came so quickly and I was quite shocked cos its like Tsunami to me. But this month is always full of holidays so me likey. Went to Singapore again! To Xmas party and also to kacau friends there. Heng and uncle still remain sweet sweet. Guess the wish balloon really works! And my another friend is also enjoying her working life there. The brothers and sisters are also joyful as always. The place I stayed last December really big change. A new mrt line is opened! (Officially opened today, to be exact) And see lah, see. Our country build how long also mah the same. Why oh why. And Malaysia's Lrt and toll price increased drastically. This is such a sad place to stay.  I can't even. So uhm. Yeah I'm still on this bus and we are only at Tapah now. Where is it actually? I had no idea. Overall it was an enjoyable trip to Penang. Tasted yummy local food that I haven't taste in quite a while. Felt beach wind and strolled along the seaside too. Really love the beach. 

Ugh. Tomorrow I need to work. Been busy about CNY design these weeks. But bosses went back to Japan so I guess I just need to gao dim my part and rest my case. Hahah. 

Bought air tix for next year's vacation already. May in Bali! And during our office Xmas dinner boss also promised a company trip to Thailand! Hahahaha not bad yeh. This year ended good and me is satisfied :D To a better next year! 

Me new year resolution:
1. Get slim. 
2. Change style. Again. I look like kiddo now ohmeegosh. Client also said i look like college student. 
3. Drive better. 
4. Get a massage chair for papa and mama. It is really expensive. No joke. 
5. Read Bible and God's words. 
6. See how the Lord leads me. In life, in work and in... everything else. 

daw :)

Comments

Popular Posts