a cook for 36 hours.

the rarest scene in the world-
seeing me cooking in the kitchen.
lol.

mum and dad went to ipoh to attend dad's twin sis's ex husband's funeral for approximately 36 hours (i think) and they left us at home.
so i, being the eldest kid among the three little kids at home was assigned by mum to cook.

[around 4.00pm]
me: i dunno how to cook la...donwan la...
mum: dunno learn la, later no one wants to marry you ah, dunno how to cook...(babbling as usual again)
me: =.= (sighh)
mum: remember to wake up at 8.30am tomorrow to throw the rubbish ahh.
me: 8.30am?! why so early de??
mum: ok lah, we need to go liao.
dad: lock the doors immediately!!
us: ok.

[7.00pm]
boy: hungry ahh (looking at me)
me: whattttt?
sis: mum asked you to cook for us.
boy: yaloh.
me: you know i dunno how to cook de ma (showing a hopeless face)
sis: aiyo, just cook la!

[in the kitchen]
sis: open the gas la...
me: oh (open the gas)
sis: noodles leh?
me: nah. (HUUUH!)
sis: what, what?!?!
me: i dunno how to turn off the gas!!!
sis: ceh, boy know lah.
me: really? (showing an i-cannot-believe look)
sis: yup, faster cook la...
me: why the chicken so cold de?
sis: just took out from the refrigerator ma...thats pork not chicken...
me: ohh =.=
sis: want to add an egg (打一粒蛋) inside the noodles?
me: you know how to 打 meh?
sis: dunno *giggles*
then we laughed at each other because we dunno how to 打一粒蛋 inside the noodles =.=

[after some time...about 7.30pm]
we eat the pork + noodles.
and the pork + noodles turned out to be-
kinda nice =)

because...
the pork is already cooked earlier by mum.
so i only cooked the noodles.

of course lah...
i cant even fry an egg. hooonestly.

what to eat for tomorrow's breakfast? lunch?
noodles again? or maggi mee perhaps? erm...biscuits?
no idea at all.

p.s. i didnt learn to cook because i'm scared of not getting married ahh...i just cook to feed my tummy. and mum, i really miss eating the not-very-nice-food you cook everyday. at least it's better than eating noodles. reaaally and truuuly.

Comments

Popular Posts